Monday, July 25, 2011

Back in Cusco...

There may be a few of these posts in the upcoming weeks, since we got turned around in Chile, we have no choice but to retrace my steps from months ago.  So you may see some "Back in ......." posts in the upcoming weeks.

We really enjoyed our time in Cusco the last (2) times, so Vanessa and I were rather looking forward to getting back to our friends at the Loki hostel.

When I pulled up, the guard outside smiled, and immediately opened the door and I rode my bike right in.

Celeste and Kim were happy to see us, and Mitch was behind the bar, where we had left him 6 weeks before when we left for Bolivia.

My pace has started to slow a bit (as you may have noticed).  No longer do we stay for a couple days, then ride for a couple days.  Now, we get somewhere, and if it is nice, we stay for 4, 5, 6 or more days.

Makes for a less exciting blog, but it's just what I need now.

Vanessa and I have been talking about different plans, and right now, we will likely ride back to Colombia, through Ecuador.

Shipping my bike from Peru is a very expensive proposition (over $2,200), as is flying Vanessa back to Colombia, so riding back is the likely the least expensive proposition.


On the way to Cusco from Puno, we ran into Suzanne and her husband from Germany.  We had last camped with them in La Paz, Baja, Mexico many months ago.
One night we went to the Burlesque Circus.  It was awesome.

"UV" night at Loki Hostel.



Our for supper, the tables were fishtanks made from old bathtubs.

One of the local Catholic churches built on top of original Incan walls.  The craftsmanship  is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment