Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lima Update...

We are still in Lima with a little problem.  After sitting for a few weeks, I fired the bike up, and the Oil Pressure light came on.  This is not good.  Low oil pressure will quickly lead to total engine failure.

But right now I don't know why it would suddenly start showing low oil pressure?  If I only have a faulty sensor, it's not a big deal, but I have to get it looked at before we move on, and since I don't want to chance riding it if there is an Oil pressure problem, I have to arrange to have the bike picked up and taken to the dealer.

Arghhh... :(

Otherwise, we are enjoying our stay here in Lima.

Bowling in Lima

Overlooking the beach at night.

Parked in the back yard in our Hostel
A couple Aussie bikers stayed at the Hostel with us for a few days.  Great guys!

Vanessa and one of the new house kittens.  He has a brother named "negrito".  He's black.  :)  

Some of the hundreds of cats by the the church next to our hostel.

Vanessa eating "rata".  Not really, just Guinea Pig.

Our friend Chris from Belgium
Black Jesus with a broom?  No idea.
Face painting at the Lima Zoo.
cost me 40 cents... :)


Reminded me of the old guys on the Muppet Show... :)





5 comments:

  1. Still stalking but not as much fun without the SPOT tracker!!!!! Thanks for the update. Soon it will be spring there as it seems like winter is hitting Calgary!!!! and you may be able to complete your journey south......if that is still the plan.

    Take care and keep the updates coming.

    The Stalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim
    We are on our way to Blairmore to meet Bill and Pat for a few days of golf (we hope) It is pouring rain and the forecast is for it to continue for a few days. Our last trip was like this too. Hope your bike problems aren't too serious.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalker,

    Sorry about that. I gave the Spot to Troy when I went back to Colombia, and since we were unable to meet up with him in Buenos Aires because of the snow in Argentina... he couldn't get it back to me. :( Sorry about that.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always so gorgeous and cosy. It really seems you had a lot of fun! You all seem so happy.
    I do hope you will blog once or twice a month, I love reading your traveling stories. As I don't have the money or resources to travel like you do, I read about it instead ;) "


    San Pedro de Atacama

    ReplyDelete