Sunday, September 18, 2011

All good things...

I've known for a week or so about the outcome, but I've been dreading writing it down,  it seems so final.

But....

The bike has suffered a catastrophic failure.  The low oil pressure light turned out to be a more serious problem than a bad sensor.

The dealership here is telling me that it would take them at least a month to remove the engine, find the problem, order any parts and reinstall.  It would also cost a fortune.

So I have decided to ship the bike back to Canada, and have it repaired at home, where I still have a nice extended warranty on the bike.  :)

I'm currently working through all the custom hoops you have to jump through to get the bike on a boat back to Canada.

The nice folks at the BMW dealership have been incredibly helpful, and have provided me a shipping crate.  I've arranged for a boat on the 30th of September, which will take 18 days to sail to Vancouver.  I'll figure out when I get home how to get the bike from Vancouver to Calgary (shouldn't be a problem)

So that's it for now... The trip isn't really over until I get back, but the motorcycle adventure part is.



Crated up and ready for shipment home.


Jackeline helping out with the Customs paperwork.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,

    Sorry to hear that the travel adventure has come to an end for now. All things considered, the bike has been a good friend to you and probably owes you nothing!!!!

    Maybe the next adventure will be a wedding in Columbia!!!!! LOL

    Take care and safe trip home.

    Regards,

    The Stalker!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete